Thursday 26 May 2011

The Stone Roses - 1989, Blackpool Empress Ballroom

I imagine the Stone Roses have been quite a conspicuous absence from this blog so far: the reason being that I had no idea which bootleg to post. Was going to post a well-known gig, like Spike Island or Alexandra Palace but apparently they were a bit crap. Then remembered this excellent gig from 1989, think it has been officially released on VCR but not on CD so should be ok to post. This was the Roses at their peak, around the time of their legendary debut album. This is a great gig; the setlist is mostly made up of the debut plus a few non-album tracks. Very good sound quality and the band sound great, even Ian Brown (well, by his standards!). I found this artwork online but tweaked it a bit (for example removed the gap in the 'B' that was really irritating me for some reason!) Well worth a download for casual and hardcore fans alike, some absolutely classic tunes here including I Wanna Be Adored, She Bangs The Drums and, of course, I Am The Resurrection. Highly recommended. Link is my own, enjoy!

1 I Wanna Be Adored
2 Elephant Stone
3 Waterfall
4 Sugar Spun Sister
5 Made Of Stone
6 She Bangs The Drums
7 Where Angels Play
8 Shoot You Down
9 Going Down
10 Mersey Paradise
11 I Am The Resurrection

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t12v99652zn3xgi

No comments:

Post a Comment