Friday 13 May 2011

The Diggers - Mount Everest

This great little album is by a 90s band who called the Diggers. They first came to my attention when I saw them on the tracklisting for a Creation Records compilation, and I decided to check them out as I like pretty much every band or artist who were on Creation (with the exception of Mishka). Its a very good and solid collection of songs that leans heavily on The Beatles, and fits in nicely with the Britpop movement of the time (it was released in 1997). Highlights include the opener, Circles, and Nobody's Fool, which would probably appeal to many of Dodgy's fans. Recommended for everyone, a great album.
1 Circles
2 Peace Of Mind
3 Waking Up
4 Nobody's Fool
5 Come On Easy
6 Downbeat
7 East Coast
8 O.K. Alright
9 Hormonious
10 Passport To Rec.
11 They Said I'd Know
12 Up Against It
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=364PEN17
Link originally from Power Pop Criminals blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment