Wednesday 25 May 2011

The Kinks - The Great Lost Kinks Album

The Kinks are one of my all-time favourite bands, and were active from the 60s through to the 90s. They released pretty much consistently brilliant music until the 80s, with countless classic albums to their name. I'm not entirely sure if this is a bootleg, as I think it has been officially released (albeit in 1973). However, it doesn't seem to be commercially available so I'll happily post it. It's made up of songs that were recorded by the Kinks between 1966 and 1970, including some that were slated for inclusion of Dave Davies' solo album (which unfortunately never materialised). Several of these songs have since turned up on bonus reissues of the Kinks' albums, but many are still unreleased. Not been able to properly listen to this but you can't go wrong with late 60's Kinks, so recommended to everyone.
1 Til Death Do Us Part
2 There Is No Life Without Love
3 Lavender Hill
4 Groovy Movies
5 Rosemary Rose
6 Misty Water
7 Mister Songbird
8 When I Turn off the Living Room Light
9 The Way Love Used to Be
10 Plastic Man
11 This Man He Weeps Tonight
12 Pictures in the Sand
13 Where Did My Spring Go?
http://rapidshare.com/files/284271685/TheGreatLostKinksAlbum.rar
Link originally from My Generation blog

No comments:

Post a Comment