Sunday 8 May 2011

The Seahorses - Unreleased 2nd Album

The demos for The Seahorses' 2nd album, which was never released, are collected here. The album supposedly had the working titles of Minus Blue or Motorcade, but I have it saved as 'Unreleased 2nd Album'. I found this great artwork online so decided to use it for this post. Good, solid collection
of songs that contains two of my favourite ever Seahorses tunes: Cocksucker Blues and Tombraid, which bizarrely seems to be an ode to Lara Croft. Good sound quality, definitely worth a download. Link is my own.

1. Night Train
2. Anamorphosis
3. 700 Horses
4. Dolphin
5. Something Tells Me
6. What Can You See?
7. Cocksucker Blues
8. I Want You
9. Tombraid
10. Reach Out

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this!! The Seahorses are one of my favorite unknown bands and I have only ever heard the 1st album. So excited to have more to listen to!! Such a shame they broke up. Is John Squire's solo project any good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barnafin,

    Great work here. Thanks for uploading this.. the first album was incredible, and this sounds pretty damn good as well.

    Any idea how it was leaked to Bootleg originally?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a muso and have always fancied bringing the little known Seahorses to the masses, by putting together a Seahorses themed/ tribute band. Not in the usual naff way. Serious to do justice to Squire & Helmes tunes.
    Up to now there hasn't been enough material available, but thanks to you I may have enough stuff to put two 45 minute sets together. Watch this space. Thanks

    ReplyDelete