Tuesday 21 June 2011

The Sums - Division

The Sums are a band from Liverpool, who have been knocking about for a few years now. The singer and frontman, Digsy, was a friend of Liam and Noel Gallagher, and is referenced in the Oasis songs Digsy's Dinner and Be Here Now. In the 1990s he was in another band called Smaller, would post their album but it's on iTunes so not really rare. Check it out though, the album is called Badly Badly. Anyway, as I said the Sums have been around for a few years now but only officially released a single EP, so I decided to take it upon myself to compile an album of all the songs and demos that have been posted on Myspace or Youtube in the past few years; the result is this 12-song album, which I decided to name Division. As a result this album is exclusive to this blog. The band's sound is similar to Smaller's, but slightly more experimental in parts. Highlights include the cover of Paperback Writer, Ringin' In The Rain, Vegetable and Who Cares. Feedback would be very much appreciated on this one, as I designed the cover and compiled it myself. Reommended to curious Oasis fans and fans of Smaller, Cast and the Real People.
Comeback Scumbag
I Go Down
I Won't
Kiss Yourself Goodbye
Let's Get Special
Paperback Writer
Ride To Nowhere
Ringin' In The Rain
Rise
Scared Of Missing Out
Vegetable
Who Cares

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?v1zbqa2lc9pt64b

1 comment: