Saturday 11 June 2011

The Real People - 1997 Unreleased Demos

This is my second post by my second-favourite band, Liverpool's The Real People. Their sound around this era could be described as somewhere between Oasis, Ocean Colour Scene and Cast (the band was actually friends with the two former bands). This brilliant collection is comprised entirely of songs recorded just after their second officially released album (What's On The Outside, well worth tracking down) that have, undeservedly, never been released. Highlights include Do Without It, Love In A Bag, Lets Kill The 90s and The Vicar. The only bad thing I have to say about this collection is the sound quality is patchy; however don't let that put you off as, in my opinion, the quality of the songs shine through. I made this artwork myself, quite pleased with it. Despite the sound quality, this is definitely worth a download for any fans of Britpop, especially the three bands mentioned above.
Do Without It
Don't Spread It
Feeling Lonely
Lets Kill The 90s
Love In A Bag
No One's Gonna
No Use
Pair Of Shoes
Please Don't Walk Away
She Wants It All
Take Me Back
The Baby
The Vicar
Link from the Back In The Fire blogspot, although I contributed it in the first place so its kinda come full circle!

1 comment:

  1. Is there any way to re-up these files?
    desperate to hear them

    ReplyDelete